Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer looking for your next opportunity? Then join the Green Building Design team in Hertford.
As a progressive and multi-disciplinary engineering company, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is passionate about low-carbon and low-energy design, to work with us on a range of national projects including commercial, historic buildings, hospitality, industrial, and more.
Your role will include:
- Providing mechanical building engineering services design to buildings and infrastructure.
- Developing detailed mechanical designs, including calculations, schematics and technical specifications, whilst maintaining the highest levels of technical quality and full compliance with relevant regulations, standards and codes.
- Managing clients and internal team members, to ensure successful delivery of projects – on time and within budget.
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary design team, to provide the highest level of technical support.
- Attending site meetings and inspections.
- Contributing to the development and growth of Green Building Design by maintaining and developing existing client relationships as well as identifying potential, new opportunities.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in mechanical design engineering.
Your Experience and Skills
We are looking for a highly motivated, Senior Mechanical Engineer who has:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering Services.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (such as CIBSE)
- A proven track record of work on a variety of building services designs.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- A keen interest in sustainability, low-energy and low-carbon design.
- A hands-on and pro-active approach with the drive to succeed.
- The ability to be client-facing, working on your own and as part of a team.
- A full UK driving licence and have access to your own transport.
- The ability to work from our offices in Hertford on either a full time or hybrid basis. Ideally, applicants will be within 30 minutes travel time of our offices, to keep in line with our sustainability and carbon reduction policy.
By joining the Green Building Design team, you will receive:
- A progressive annual salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent training
- Regular performance reviews
- Dedicated support of your career progression
Green Building Design has an excellent reputation, and this role will suit a highly motivated and experienced Mechanical Engineer looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a significant impact in the field.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com