Green Building Design have worked with Bidwells on a number of projects on Cambridge Science Park. This project involved the complete refurbishment of the Ground Floor of one wing of this building.
This involved the complete strip out of all Landlord services and the replacement of these with new. Ventilation to the office was improved by the installation of a new air handling unit. Electrically a new distribution board was installed to feed a new underfloor busbar power distribution system. The distribution board for the tenant occupying the other wing was relocated away from this area into the other tenant’s demise. A new WC and shower block was created on the Ground Floor adjacent to the building core. This required the existing core WC ventilation to be upgraded to cope with the increased capacity. Additionally, a new Public Health system was required to cater for the new WCs. New LED lighting was installed throughout the office wing and the new WC area. This created a brighter appearance to the office in addition to increasing the efficiency thereby reducing energy usage.
332 is one of a number of projects on Cambridge Science Park on which Green Building Design have worked over the past decade.
• All Landlord services were stripped out and replaced with new, more efficient services
• New power distribution within the wing including new underfloor busbar power distribution, and existing tenant’s board relocated to their area
• New WC and shower core area installed within this wing adjacent to the building core which required an expansion of the existing building public health services
• Existing air handling unit was replaced with a new AHU to serve the Ground Floor
• Although the existing building fire alarm system was retained, the system within the work area was rewired for the fitout
PROJECT VALUE: £700,000