Cost-effective Building Services for Motability Fit Out
Working with GKS Building Consultancy for Motability, Green Building Design Consultants managed the M&E element of the design and build project to fit out their ground floor office in Harlow, Essex.
The M&E systems were designed to be cost-effective to install and to reduce running costs. Existing equipment was reused where possible in the modified ground floor layout, with new lighting and M&E services integrated into the system where necessary.
GBD engineers carried out site surveys to develop the performance specifications and shall monitor all aspects of the installation work. Motability occupy the ground floor of a 2-storey building, with central plant located in the ground floor plant rooms, on the roof and within the first floor void. Careful planning and management was therefore required to minimise disruption to tenants in two upstairs office suites.
- New Building Management System (BMS)
- Validation, relocation, modification and upgrade works for existing heating & cooling, ventilation, small power, electrical mains distribution services
- Installation of additional ventilation for the office reconfiguration
- New M&E services to atrium tea point
- New internal LED lighting
- New electrical small power
- New AV services
- Monitoring and management of works
Motability is a national charity which helps people with disabilities achieve greater independence.
For more information contact Mark Bennett on 01992 552 111.