Green Building Design was employed by the Landlord to develop a PPM schedule to repair/replace the Mechanical and Electrical services within this building which were not only dated but approaching their life cycle scheduled replacement. Three years later, we were again employed to provide a performance brief and oversight role in the redevelopment of the building.
The building has a total floor area of 10,700ft² arranged over four floors. The client required the project to be completed to provide maximum value for money.
The building was of late 1980’s vintage and the existing services were original from the time of construction. As a result, the building underwent a substantial overhaul with very few services being retained and the systems upgraded to cope with the demands of a 21st Century office.
The building was fitted out to a good quality Category A standard as part of the project and upgraded to comply with modern building regulations.
• Original PPM schedule for repair and replacement of services prepared by Green Building Design for Landlord.
• Existing R22 chiller units were fitted within a plantroom located on the 3rd floor. These were removed from the building and a new energy efficient Mitsubishi VRF heating and cooling system installed with condensers relocated onto the roof.
• Building refurbished to Category A standard with Green Building Design providing a performance specification and oversight role in the redevelopment.
• New energy efficient luminaires installed to floors.
• Existing floor boxes removed and new perimeter dado trunking installed.
• Although some longer lived services were retained, the project required a number of services to be replaced.
• Existing toilets on each floor refurbished to modern standards.
• New security and fire alarm systems were installed to the building as part of this project.